1/1 Photo of Chicken Breasts With Green Sauce (Pollo Con Salsa Verde)
A great sounding recipe I found while searching to add recipes for the Spain leg of ZWT. This is from Spainish Food on "About.com" site. Here is what is stated: "Chicken breasts in green sauce make a wonderful main course or a tapa. Lightly fry the chicken breasts, then sauté garlic, onions, white wine and parsley to make the sauce. In about 40 minutes you have a Spanish main course, full of flavor. Serve with rice or fried potatoes. Prefer a tapa? Then, cut the chicken breasts into small pieces and serve with the green sauce atop baguette slices."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pat chicken breasts dry with paper towel. Pour bread crumbs or flour and 1/2 tsp salt onto a large dinner plate. Coat chicken breast in flour on both sides.
- 2Pour 1/4-inch olive oil into a 10-inch frying pan and heat. When oil is hot, brown chicken breasts on both sides. Remove and set aside for later.
- 3Finely chop onion and garlic. Pour enough olive oil to cover bottom of a large, deep frying pan and heat. When hot enough, sauté chopped onion, garlic and red pepper flakes. When onions are transparent, add 1-2 Tbsp flour and fry for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour in wine, stir and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- 4Place chicken breasts into the pan with onions and garlic. Slowly pour in chicken broth. Chop parsley and add to pan. Adjust salt. Stir and simmer for 5 minutes, or until breasts are fully cooked and sauce thickens slightly.
- 5Serve with white rice or fried potatoes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Breasts With Green Sauce (Pollo Con Salsa Verde)
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 452.4
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 145.2 mg
- Sodium 663.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 54.1 g