This is another version of Chicken Veronique. It goes especially well with curried rice as the dish is usually rather bland by itself.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim chicken cutlets of all fat. Pound chicken on a flat surface slightly with a mallet. Cut into strips about 1/2 inch wide. There should be about 3 1/2 cups.
- 2Remove any stems from the grapes, rinse and drain well. Set aside.
- 3Heat butter in a large, heavy skillet then add chicken. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Cook over high heat, stirring, so chicken cooks evenly about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet with a slotted spoon.
- 4Add shallots; cook briefly. Add wine and any juices that collect around chicken. When the wine has reduced by half, add cream.
- 5Add grapes and continue cooking 4 to 5 minutes. The mixture should now have a sauce-like consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Return chicken to skillet and heat through.
- 7If serving with curried rice, mound rice in center of serving platter with chicken, grapes and sauce arranged around rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Breasts With Grapes
Serving Size: 1 (350 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 650.5
- Calories from Fat 421
- Total Fat 46.8 g
- Saturated Fat 27.1 g
- Cholesterol 272.2 mg
- Sodium 342.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 44.3 g