Recipe by lazyme
We love this simple dish. It reminds me of chicken kiev. I have also made this with skinless, boneless chicken breasts and it works well if you cut the cooking time a little. But, I think it's better with the skin to keep it moister. From Bon Appetit.
Top Review by ELS
I'm sorry, but I didn't care for this at all! I followed the recipe exactly. The goat cheese was way too overpowering - you have to really LOVE the flavor to like this recipe, and I guess I just like it ok.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons shallots, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3 ounces soft fresh goat cheese (such as Montrachet)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black peppercorns, crushed
- 2 large chicken breast halves, with skin and bones
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 1 teaspoon butter in heavy small skillet over medium-low heat. Add shallots and rosemary and sauté until shallots are tender, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat. Mix in goat cheese and pepper. Season to taste with salt. Using fingertips, loosen skin of chicken breasts, leaving skin attached on 1 long side. Spread half of cheese filling over meat and under skin of each breast. Pull skin over filling and secure with toothpick. Rub remaining 1 teaspoon butter over skin, dividing equally. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.).
- Preheat oven to 425°F Arrange chicken on baking sheet. Bake until cooked through, about 25 minutes.