1/1 Photo of Chicken Breasts with Goat Cheese and Basil
miss gracie's Note:
This is an exceptional recipe for otherwise boring boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Good enough for company, yet easy enough for everyday!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 118.29 ml fresh goat cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 basil leaves, shredded or 4.92 ml dried basil, crumbled
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten to blend
- 118.29 ml dry breadcrumbs
- 29.58 ml butter, melted
- 1For chicken: Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Pound chicken between sheets of waxed paper to thickness of 1/4 inch using meat mallet.
- 3Pat chicken dry.
- 4Combine cheese, green onions and basil in small bowl.
- 5Season with salt and pepper.
- 6Spread cheese mixture lengthwise over half of each chicken piece.
- 7Tuck short ends in.
- 8Roll chicken up, starting at one long side, into tight cylinders.
- 9Tie ends with string to secure or secure with a toothpick (my preference).
- 10Dip chicken in egg, allowing excess to drip into bowl.
- 11Roll in breadcrumbs, shaking off excess.
- 12(Can be prepared 4 hours ahead. Refrigerate.) Place chicken in 8-inch square baking dish.
- 13Pour 2 tablespoons melted butter over.
- 14Bake until cooked through, about 30 minutes.
- 15For sauce: Meanwhile, melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- 16Add mushrooms and sauté until tender, about 8 minutes.
- 17Add flour and stir until butter and flour are smooth.
- 18Add wine and simmer 3 minutes.
- 19Add stock and continue simmering about 3 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 20Season sauce with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- 21Remove string from chicken.
- 22Cut rolls crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick rounds.
- 23Top with sauce and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Breasts with Goat Cheese and Basil
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 448.2
- Calories from Fat 227
- Total Fat 25.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 178.4 mg
- Sodium 405.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 34.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh goat cheese