1/2 Photos of Chicken Breasts With Fresh Tarragon- Dijon Mustard Pan Sauce
I was looking for recipes using fresh French tarragon and stumbled upon this chicken dish. Please use only fresh tarragon for this recipe. From karynskitchen.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (use more or less, depending on your pan)
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/3 cup half-and-half or 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 -3 teaspoons finely chopped fresh French tarragon
- whole french tarragon leaf, for garnish
- 1If chicken breasts are quite thick, pound them with a meat mallet or other heavy object until they are about 3/4 inch thick.
- 2Finely chop the tarragon leaves.
- 3Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a heavy frying pan just big enough to hold all the chicken without crowding. While oil heats, season chicken with salt and pepper.
- 4Add the chicken and sautè until chicken is cooked through and well-browned, about 10 minutes.
- 5Remove chicken to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
- 6Add chicken stock to pan, scraping off any browned bits, and cook until reduced by half, about 2-3 minutes.
- 7Whisk in mustard, tarragon, half and half (or heavy cream) and any juices from the chicken which have accumulated on the plate.
- 8Cook until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes more.
- 9Arrange the chicken breasts on a platter and drizzle the sauce over each piece of chicken.
- 10Garnish with a few tarragon leaves and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Breasts With Fresh Tarragon- Dijon Mustard Pan Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (702 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.1
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 76.7 mg
- Sodium 169.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 28.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: