Recipe by alligirl
From March 2011 Bon Appetit magazine: "For an easy dinner party, round this out with orzo on the side, a green salad, and a light Italian red wine like Dolcetto. Finish with sorbet and chopped dark chocolate."
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely grated Fontina cheese
- 1⁄3 cup packed soft garlic-herb cheese (such as Boursin)
- 1⁄3 cup packed chopped prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 4 large boneless chicken breast halves, with skin
- 2 tablespoons chilled butter, divided
- 3⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry marsala wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300°F
- Combine cheeses, prosciutto, and basil in small bowl. Season stuffing with freshly ground black pepper.
- Run fingers under skin of chicken breasts to loosen. Spread stuffing under skin. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, skin side down, and cook until brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook until chicken is cooked through, turning once, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to rimmed baking sheet; place in oven to keep warm.
- Add broth and Marsala to skillet; bring to boil and cook until sauce is reduced to scant 1/2 cup, scraping up browned bits, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat; whisk in 1 tablespoon butter.
- Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken on plates. Add any juices from baking sheet to sauce. Spoon sauce over chicken and serve.