From March 2011 Bon Appetit magazine: "For an easy dinner party, round this out with orzo on the side, a green salad, and a light Italian red wine like Dolcetto. Finish with sorbet and chopped dark chocolate."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup coarsely grated Fontina cheese
- 1/3 cup packed soft garlic-herb cheese (such as Boursin)
- 1/3 cup packed chopped prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 4 large boneless chicken breast halves, with skin
- 2 tablespoons chilled butter, divided
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry marsala wine
- 1Preheat oven to 300°F
- 2Combine cheeses, prosciutto, and basil in small bowl. Season stuffing with freshly ground black pepper.
- 3Run fingers under skin of chicken breasts to loosen. Spread stuffing under skin. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- 4Melt 1 tablespoon butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, skin side down, and cook until brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- 5Reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook until chicken is cooked through, turning once, about 10 minutes.
- 6Transfer to rimmed baking sheet; place in oven to keep warm.
- 7Add broth and Marsala to skillet; bring to boil and cook until sauce is reduced to scant 1/2 cup, scraping up browned bits, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat; whisk in 1 tablespoon butter.
- 8Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- 9Place chicken on plates. Add any juices from baking sheet to sauce. Spoon sauce over chicken and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Breasts With Fontina and Prosciutto
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 359.6
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 119.2 mg
- Sodium 334.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 35.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: