This is a great easy dish, and light too.
Make and share this Chicken Breasts With Feta and Tomato recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped (divided)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon anise seed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup ouzo (anise flavored liquor or use dry white wine)
- 2 plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch wide strips
- 8 kalamata olives, pitted and cut into thin slivers
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- In food processor, process bread crumbs, 1 tbsp oregano, anise seeds and salt and pepper to taste. Blend until seeds are very fine. Coat chicken with mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tsp oil over med-high heat. Add chicken. Cook, turning once till cooked through. about 8 minutes, then move to a plate and keep warm.
- Add remaining oil, onion and garlic. Saute 1 minute, then add Ouzo. Raise heat to high and add tomatoes, olives and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook til tomatoes are softened but still in shape, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in remaingin oregano. Spoon sauce over 4 plates. Slice breasts on the bias and arrange them over the sauce. Sprinkle with feta and dill.