Alan Leonetti's Note:
This recipe was originally from Rachael Ray and was for 4 servings, but I revised it for 2 servings. Whenever my grocery store has a sale on chicken breasts, I buy an extra 2 or 3 packages and freeze them. This dish is a wonderfully rich tasting meal that is healthy and budget minded.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring chicken broth to a boil.
- 2Add chicken to the broth, cover and reduce heat to simmer.
- 3Poach chicken 12 minutes.
- 4Remove chicken to a plate and pour broth into a large measuring cup or batter bowl.
- 5Return the pan to heat and add butter.
- 6When butter melts, add flour and cook, whisking with butter, 2 minutes.
- 7Slowly pour cooking liquid back into the pan, until appropriately thickened, combining with a whisk.
- 8Stir in Dijon mustard and tarragon and season sauce with salt and pepper.
- 9Return chicken to the pan and coat with sauce.
- 10Simmer 2 or 3 minutes to heat chicken back through and to combine flavors.
- 11Serve with your favorite vegetables.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for CHICKEN BREASTS with Dijon-Tarragon Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (468 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 378.7
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 166.3 mg
- Sodium 1036.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 55.6 g