Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
This exotic chicken recipe is full of flavor and low in fat and calories.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons celery, finely chopped
- 1 3⁄4 cups granny smith apples, peeled, chopped
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons curry powder, divided
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 10 ounces chicken broth, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3⁄4 cup apple juice
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon water
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and celery; saute 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add apple and 1 teaspoon curry powder, cooking 3 more minutes or until apple is tender.
- Stir in raisins, 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic and 1/3 cup broth. Cook 4 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates.
- Spoon apple mixture into a small bowl and set aside.
- Cut a horizontal slit through the thickest protion of each chicken breast half to form a pocket.
- Stuff about 1/4 cup apple mixture into each pocket.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in skillet over medium high heat.
- Add chicken and cook 6 minutes on each side or until done.
- Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm.
- Add 3/4 teaspoon curry powder, remaining chicken broth, apple juice, and minced garlic to skillet. Bring to a boil, cook 5 minutes or until reduced to 1 cup.
- Combine cornstarch and water; stir well.
- Add to broth mixture in skillet; stir with a whisk.
- Bring to a boil; cook stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- Return chicken to skillet; cover and simmer 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve sauce with chicken.
I can't thank you enough for posting this! I made a dish similar to this several ( >10) years ago and lost the recipe. I'm so happy to find one here that I'm making it tonight as I already know it's great.
This is a nice and spicy chicken dish. Quite simple to make and quick too. Served with a side of rice pilaf.