Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
I love cream cheese stuffing in a chicken breast. I decided to toy just a little to make something new tonight. It turned out really well. I think I would use more chili powder next time, but the amount here gives a nice mild chili flavour.
- 2 chicken breasts, with skin and bone
- 4 tablespoons light chive & onion cream cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix cream cheese and chili powder.
- Carefully separate skin from meat of each chicken breast. Use a knife if you need to, then your fingers, to create a pocket between the skin and meat. Try not to tear the skin.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture into the pocket you've created. Apply a little pressure with your fingers on the outside of the skin to spread the cream cheese in an even layer.
- Brush each chicken breast with olive oil, and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 45-60 min., or until chicken is cooked through. If the chicken is getting too browned on top, cover it with foil as it continues to cook.