1/1 Photo of Chicken Breasts With Citrus Cherry Sauce
Sydney Mike's Note:
The original of this recipe was found in the Dec/Jan 2011 Taste of Home Healthy Cooking magazine, & with a couple of tweaks, I had what I wanted! Cooking time depends on the amount of chicken that can be cooked at the same time. The cooking time here is figured for 2 batches.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE SAUCE
- 2/3 cup ruby red grapefruit juice
- 2/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
FOR THE CHICKEN
- 1FOR THE SAUCE: In a small saucepan, combine the juices, cherries & mustard, then bring to a boil & cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- 2Turn off the.heat, then cover the saucepan & leave it on the stove.
- 3FOR THE CHICKEN: Flatten chicken breasts to 1/2-inch thickness, then sprinkle with sale & pepper.
- 4Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag, then add chicken, a few pieces at a time & shake to coat, then set aside. Repeat until all chicken has been coated.
- 5In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in butter & oil for 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- 6Serve chicken breasts topped with the sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Breasts With Citrus Cherry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.8
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 83.1 mg
- Sodium 617.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 26.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: