Recipe by Barb G.
Chicken breast served with cherry tomatoes and zucchini, great recipe with all the fresh tomatoes and zucchini now in the gardens. The recipe comes from Woman's Day magazine.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes or 2 cups grape tomatoes, red & yellow
- 1⁄3 cup pitted coarsely chopped black olives
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 chicken breasts, halves skinless pounded
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine or 1⁄2 cup vermouth
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add zucchini and cook, stirring occasionally. 6 minutes or until lightly browned; add shallot; stir 1 minute or until soft.
- Add tomatoes, olives and rosemary; cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until tomatoes are hot BUT not collasped; season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper, transfer to plate.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet; season chicken breast with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt & pepper; cook turning once, 8 minutes or until browned on both sides and firm when pressed in center; transfer to a plate; keep warm.
- Add wine to skillet and bring to a boil, return vegetables; cook 1 minute, stirring once or twice to reheat; transfer to platter; top with chicken breast and serve.