Recipe by Oolala
From cooks.com but some changes by me to update ingredients and instructions. I like those cherries and I wanted a variety of recipes to use them in and here's another!
- 6 chicken breasts
- flour, to coat
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 6 slices lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons port wine
- 24 sweet cherries, canned (reserve 1/2 cup cherry juice from can)
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and dip chicken in flour.
- Melt butter with oil. Fry chicken just until it changes color. (Meat is still raw inside.)
- Remove chicken from pan and place chicken in 1 layer in baking dish.
- Add the red wine, cherry juice, orange juice, lemon peel and port into the pan where the chicken was fried. Season with salt and pepper. Add cherries.
- Pour this sauce over the chicken breasts. Bake, uncovered in casserole for 30 to 40 minutes (or until tender) at 350 degrees. Serve with the cherries and sauce poured over the chicken and a teaspoon of red currant jelly on the side. Garnish with parsley.