Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
An elegant, yet simple dish! Great with rice pilaf and a veggie.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 lb prosciutto
- 1⁄2 lb swiss cheese
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup chicken stock
- Sprinkle breasts with salt and pepper. Place flour in small paper bag, add breasts. Shake bag until chicken is well coated. Shake off excess.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a heavy skillet and brown chicken breasts.
- Place in a shallow butter baking dish.
- Place a slice of prosciutto over each, then a slice of cheese.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Dot with the remaining butter.
- Pour in chicken stock.
- Bake in 350ºF for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese has melted and begun to brown.
Easy to make. I made it ahead of time then popped it in the oven for 10 min. I used chicken tenders and it came out great! Juicy with great flavor. I served it with creamed spinach and risotto.
excellent!! made as written with the exception of seasoning the flour with salt, pepper and cayenne and garnishing with fresh parsley. this is a yummy keeper recipe! served with Spinach Feta Orzo and Sauteed Radishes!
Excellent!! I'm not normally a lover of Swiss cheese, but all of these ingredients were wonderful together. I made this with Mushroom Risotto and Roasted Asparagus with Brown Butter and Pecorino and this is the best dinner I've had on the tour so far. Thanks so much Charmie! This will be repeated often. Made for ZWT4.