Recipe by Charmie777
An elegant, yet simple dish! Great with rice pilaf and a veggie.
Top Review by pholdswo
Easy to make. I made it ahead of time then popped it in the oven for 10 min. I used chicken tenders and it came out great! Juicy with great flavor. I served it with creamed spinach and risotto.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 lb prosciutto
- 1⁄2 lb swiss cheese
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup chicken stock
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle breasts with salt and pepper. Place flour in small paper bag, add breasts. Shake bag until chicken is well coated. Shake off excess.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a heavy skillet and brown chicken breasts.
- Place in a shallow butter baking dish.
- Place a slice of prosciutto over each, then a slice of cheese.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Dot with the remaining butter.
- Pour in chicken stock.
- Bake in 350ºF for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese has melted and begun to brown.