1/1 Photo of Chicken Breasts With Caramelized Onion Sauce
1 hr 5 mins
A great throw together chicken recipe that looks and tastes like you've worked on it all day. Great for pop up dinner parties. Serve with brown rice or noodles, green salad and hot French bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dry chicken well.
- 2Season chicken with salt, pepper, and thyme.
- 3In a large skillet, melt butter and olive oil and brown the chicken.
- 4Remove chicken and saute onions until almost caramelized, stirring occasionally, then add mushrooms and cook 3-4 minutes more.
- 5Add wine, Tarragon, season again with salt and pepper.
- 6Return chicken to pan and simmer, covered, 45 minutes or until done.
- 7Transfer chicken breasts to a warm platter.
- 8Boil pan juices 3 minutes.
- 9Remove from heat and cool a few minutes.
- 10Add sour cream and mix well.
- 11Cook until heated through, stirring constantly.
- 12*Do not allow the sauce to boil.
- 13Pour sauce over chicken, top with sliced green onions and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Breasts With Caramelized Onion Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 473.3
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 119.8 mg
- Sodium 147.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 34.4 g