Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
Sometimes I just like it simple, & this is another one of those chicken breast recipes I've had around for 25 years & enjoy [both making & eating]! This dish is great over rice, pasta or stuffing!
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can broccoli cheese soup
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- In a skillet, over medium heat, melt the butter, then add the chicken breasts & cook 10 minutes, browning the meat on both sides.
- Spoon off any fat.
- In a medium bowl, combine the soup, water & pepper & pour this soup mixture into the skillet with the breasts.
- Heat to boiling, then add the broccoli & reduce the heat to low.
- Cover & simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until chicken is fork-tender & the broccoli is done.
this was a good dish, quick and easy. My husband especially liked it, which is rare to hear from him. Will definitely make again. I used frozen broccoli and let it thaw, and it worked well.
Fast and easy chicken recipe. My family liked it a lot! Made as directed. Thanks, Sydney Mike! Made for Aussie New Zealand Recipe Swap.
This was a very easy supper. It looked nice too. This would be perfect with rice. I made as directed except only used 3 chicken breasts just because it's only my husband and I and I wasn't feeling very hungry. The sauce was very nice. Thanks so much for posting!