Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Chicken Breasts with Blueberry Barbecue Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 pinch ground allspice
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Combine the sugar, onion, ginger, allspice, cayenne, ketchup and blueberries in a saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for about 11 to 12 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened and is fairly smooth.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle the salt and pepper over the chicken.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high.
- Add the chicken and cook 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- Pour the sauce into the skillet, turn the chicken over to completely coat it.
- Serve the chicken with the sauce spooned over the top.