Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Chicken with a tangy blueberry apricot mustard sauce! Makes an easy weeknight meal.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 -2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup apricot jam
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened frozen blueberries
- 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- Heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook about 6 minutes, until browned on both sides.
- While chicken is cooking, stir together jam and mustard in a small bowl.
- Spread jam mixture over the tops of the chicken pieces and sprinkle with blueberries.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook about 15 minutes, or until juices run clear from chicken.
- Remove chicken and blueberries to plate with a slotted spoon.
- Add vinegar to the pan, increase heat to high, and bring sauce to a boil.
- Boil uncovered, stirring occasionally, until sauce is reduced by about 1/3 (about 5 minutes).
- Pour sauce evenly over chicken and enjoy!
I made this up in the morning and put it in the crock pot then left for the day and it was delicious! My daughters went blueberry picking with Grandma over the weekend so it was a great way to use them up!
We have chicken breasts several times a week, & although we love blueberries, I never would have thought to combine the two! However, after making this recipe, I can definitely tell you that it works ~ Loved the way these were prepared & the blueberries added a great boost to the flavor! Certainly a keeper of a recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
I love blueberries so this was such a fun recipe for me! I agree with Annacia, its kind of unusual as well. If I did it again, I'd add the blueberries closer to the end, mine were a bit on the soft side - tasted fine just didn't look as nice as the photos. My apricot jam was sugar-free. I always have these items on hand, so I'll probably be making again!