I just created this dish this morning, making it up as I went along. Just one taste told me I had a winner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut up the chicken into chunks, larger than bite size but not too large.
- 2Mix the flour with the paprika, ginger, black pepper and 1 tablespoon brown sugar.
- 3Coat the chicken with the flour mixture.
- 4Fry the chicken in the olive oil in one layer, turning to brown both sides.
- 5You may have to do this in batches, removing the browned chicken to a separate plate.
- 6Add some fresh oil to the pot (you can leave in what's in there).
- 7Fry the onions, constantly stirring, until caramelized.
- 8Add the vinegar (stand back, the vapors can really get you).
- 9Then add the water.
- 10Keep cooking until the sauce is reduced to a jammy consistency.
- 11Add the brown sugar and stir until dissolved.
- 12Add the fried chicken pieces and stir to completely coat and heat through.
- 13Serve with some plain rice or couscous.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Breasts with Balsamic Onion Jam
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.2
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 80.0 mg
- Sodium 85.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 27.2 g