Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I just created this dish this morning, making it up as I went along. Just one taste told me I had a winner.
- Cut up the chicken into chunks, larger than bite size but not too large.
- Mix the flour with the paprika, ginger, black pepper and 1 tablespoon brown sugar.
- Coat the chicken with the flour mixture.
- Fry the chicken in the olive oil in one layer, turning to brown both sides.
- You may have to do this in batches, removing the browned chicken to a separate plate.
- Add some fresh oil to the pot (you can leave in what's in there).
- Fry the onions, constantly stirring, until caramelized.
- Add the vinegar (stand back, the vapors can really get you).
- Then add the water.
- Keep cooking until the sauce is reduced to a jammy consistency.
- Add the brown sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Add the fried chicken pieces and stir to completely coat and heat through.
- Serve with some plain rice or couscous.