1/2 Photos of Chicken Breasts With Asparagus and Artichokes
A nice "stuffed" chicken breast recipe. Because the chicken breasts are flattened, they take less time to cook. Recipe is from Maria Urbinati.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 12 small fresh asparagus spears or 6 large asparagus spears
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese, cut in half and divided or 1 1/2 ounces sliced mozzarella cheese
- 6 large fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon pimiento, diced, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs, finely ground and dry
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1Place chicken breasts between 2 sheets of wax paper. Flatten to 1/4 inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Set aside.
- 2Snap off the tough ends of the asparagus. Remove scales from the stalks with a knife or vegetable peeler.
- 3Arrange 1 large or 2 small asparagus spears, one cheese slice, and one sliced mushroom on half of each chicken breast. Top each chicken breast evenly with the chopped artichoke hearts and pimento. Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper.
- 4Fold the remaining half of each chicken breast over the vegetable mixture; secure with wooden toothpicks. Dredge the chicken in flour; dip in the beaten egg, and coat with the breadcrumbs.
- 5Combine the butter and oil in a large skillet; cook over medium heat until the butter melts. Add the chicken, and cook 7 to 10 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove the chicken from the skillet; drain on paper towels.
- 6Place the chicken on a baking sheet. Top each with 1 remaining cheese slice. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until the cheese melts and the chicken is done.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Breasts With Asparagus and Artichokes
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 550.4
- Calories from Fat 226
- Total Fat 25.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 175.6 mg
- Sodium 763.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 41.5 g