Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This chicken breast recipe is easy enough for weekdays and fancy enough for company. The chicken breast is moist and very flavorful.
- 9 ounces frozen artichoke hearts
- 1 cup frozen pearl onions
- 6 (12 ounce) bone-in sin-on chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tsps dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces soft fresh goat cheese, cut into 6 pieces
- 6 lemon slices, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup white wine or 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Scatter artichoke hearts and pearl onions over bottom of shallow roasting pan.
- Pat chicken breast dry with paper towels:arrange in single layer in pan.
- Sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Crumble 1 piece of goat cheese over top of each breast.
- Top with lemon slice.
- (Chicken can be prepared to this point 8 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.).
- Add wine.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until browned and no longer pink in center.
- Sprinkle with green onions.
- Serve with pan juices.