Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
From All American Brand Name Recipes. Make sure you cover and refrigerate coated chicken for about one hour before proceeding with the rest of the recipe. I also think the stuffing would be great heated on a hard bread such as Melba or just as a spread without baking. I also used a combination of Monterey Jack and Italian Cheese because I did not have enough of the Monterey Jack.
- 4 chicken breasts (skinless and boneless and halved lengthwise)
- 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped (I used onion flakes.)
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes (dried)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 6 ounces marinated artichoke hearts (one jar, drained, I did not use that much. I added slowly until I got the taste I liked.)
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour (I used self-rising flour.)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (seasoned, dry)
- 1⁄3 cup Crisco cooking oil (I used olive oil.)
- Pound chicken breasts to 1/4 inch thickness. Set aside. Mix cheese, mayonnaise, onion, parsley flakes and mustard in a small mixing bowl. Cut artichoke hearts into bite size pieces. Stir into cheese mixture. Spread about 1/4 cup cheese mixture down the center of each piece of chicken. Roll up and secure ends with wooden picks. Mix flour, salt and pepper in a shallow dish. Dip rolled chicken in flour mixture to coat. Set aside.
- Mix egg and water in a shallow dish. Place bread crumbs in another shallow dish or on a sheet of waxed paper. Dip rolled chicken in egg mixture then in bread crumbs, pressing to coat thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate coated chicken for about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place oil in a 13 x 9 inch baking pan. Place in oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven. Using tongs, roll coated chicken in hot oil. Arrange chicken in pan. Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Guessing on time required to make and bake.