1/4 Photos of Chicken Breasts With Apple Curry Sauce
pattikay in L.A.'s Note:
I discovered the Loaves and Fishes Cookbook while reading through one of Ina Garten's cookbooks because she made frequent references to it. It appears to be out of print, but I found it at my local library. This dish is wonderful and like most curries, tastes even better the next day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup clarified butter (I used regular butter)
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I think I used 3 breasts, cut up when I made it)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups peeled cored and finely chopped tart apples
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup mango chutney, finely chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 200°.
- 2Heat the clarified butter in a large pan and sauté chicken breasts on both sides till browned.
- 3Cover the pan; heat the chicken breasts over low heat for five minutes.
- 4Transfer to a platter. Keep warm in the oven while you're making the sauce.
- 5To make the sauce, melt the butter in the sauté pan.
- 6Add the onion and sauté over low heat till transparent.
- 7Add the garlic and apples and sauté for 2 minutes.
- 8Add the flour, curry powder, cardamom, coriander, salt and pepper. Stir to mix well.
- 9Add the chicken stock, lime rind, lime juice and chutney.
- 10Bring sauce to a boil, stirring constantly.
- 11Pour around chicken and serve.
- 12It's great served over rice.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Breasts With Apple Curry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (349 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 364.1
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 112.7 mg
- Sodium 597.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 31.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: