Recipe by Oolala
From a magazine but not sure which one. I had ripped it out and stuffed it in a recipe box. Recipe says that it's good with mashed potatoes and green beans. Looks colorful in the photo.
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, about 4 oz. each
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, for the chicken
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil, for the sauce
- 2 apples, halved, cored, each half cut into 8 wedges
- 1 cup canned whole cranberry sauce
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider or 1⁄2 cup apple juice, can also use chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix four, salt and pepper on waxed paper or a plate.
- Rub mustard all over the chicken, then coat in the flour mixture, shaking off excess.
- Heat 1 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook 4 minutes per side or until browned and opaque in center.
- Remove to a serving platter; cover loosely to keep warm.
- Heat 1 teaspoons oil in skillet, add apples and cook, stirring often, 4 minutes or until slightly softened.
- Add cranberry sauce and cider; stir until boiling.
- Serve over the chicken.