From a magazine but not sure which one. I had ripped it out and stuffed it in a recipe box. Recipe says that it's good with mashed potatoes and green beans. Looks colorful in the photo.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, about 4 oz. each
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, for the chicken
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil, for the sauce
- 2 apples, halved, cored, each half cut into 8 wedges
- 1 cup canned whole cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup apple cider or 1/2 cup apple juice, can also use chicken broth
- 1Mix four, salt and pepper on waxed paper or a plate.
- 2Rub mustard all over the chicken, then coat in the flour mixture, shaking off excess.
- 3Heat 1 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 4Add chicken and cook 4 minutes per side or until browned and opaque in center.
- 5Remove to a serving platter; cover loosely to keep warm.
- 6Heat 1 teaspoons oil in skillet, add apples and cook, stirring often, 4 minutes or until slightly softened.
- 7Add cranberry sauce and cider; stir until boiling.
- 8Serve over the chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Breasts With Apple-Cranberry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 336.8
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 472.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 33.6 g
- Protein 28.4 g