Recipe by Dancer^
This was a forgotten recipe, now thanks to mirj its posted here.
Top Review by Caryn
My family really enjoyed this low fat recipe. The chicken breasts were moist and full of flavor (garlic/green pepper/onion/oregano). The vegetables made for a nice presentation on top of the chicken breasts. I don't know that the sun-dried tomatoes did much to add flavor to the dish but the color made for a nice presentation. I am not a huge garlic fan (some is fine but not alot) and although 15 to 18 cloves of garlic were used to prepare this recipe I did not feel that the garlic was overwhelming. Most difficult part of this recipe was peeling the cloves of garlic.....
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 15 -18 cloves garlic
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped (not packed in oil)
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse and cut all visible fat off of chicken breasts.
- Coat a skillet with nonstick cooking spray (nonfat), and preheat over medium heat.
- Mince 2 of the garlic cloves, and place them in the skillet with the chicken breast in the skillet.
- Surround the chicken with the remaining garlic cloves.
- Cook the chicken for 2-4 minutes on each side, or until the chicken and garlic cloves are browned.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet.
- Lay the onions, green peppers, and tomatoes over garlic cloves in baking pan (9"x13").
- Arrange the chicken over the tomatoes, onions, green peppers, and garlic.
- Pour wine and broth over chicken, and sprinkle with oregano and pepper.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve chicken breasts with the vegetables and pan juices.