Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This was a forgotten recipe, now thanks to mirj its posted here.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 15 -18 cloves garlic
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped (not packed in oil)
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Rinse and cut all visible fat off of chicken breasts.
- Coat a skillet with nonstick cooking spray (nonfat), and preheat over medium heat.
- Mince 2 of the garlic cloves, and place them in the skillet with the chicken breast in the skillet.
- Surround the chicken with the remaining garlic cloves.
- Cook the chicken for 2-4 minutes on each side, or until the chicken and garlic cloves are browned.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet.
- Lay the onions, green peppers, and tomatoes over garlic cloves in baking pan (9"x13").
- Arrange the chicken over the tomatoes, onions, green peppers, and garlic.
- Pour wine and broth over chicken, and sprinkle with oregano and pepper.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve chicken breasts with the vegetables and pan juices.
My family really enjoyed this low fat recipe. The chicken breasts were moist and full of flavor (garlic/green pepper/onion/oregano). The vegetables made for a nice presentation on top of the chicken breasts. I don't know that the sun-dried tomatoes did much to add flavor to the dish but the color made for a nice presentation. I am not a huge garlic fan (some is fine but not alot) and although 15 to 18 cloves of garlic were used to prepare this recipe I did not feel that the garlic was overwhelming. Most difficult part of this recipe was peeling the cloves of garlic.....
This turned out WONDERFUL! I loved that the breasts were so moist and flavorful. Wild rice would be a perfect compliment to this dish. :)