Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this recipe on food network. I tried a similar recipe like this but it wasn't very good. I haven't tried this recipe yet but I am looking forward to making it in the future.
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds, lightly crushed
- 3⁄4 cup green olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 4 teaspoons orange zest
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 450°F and set the rack in the center.
- Place fennel seeds in a small frying pan and toast over medium heat until fragrant.
- Place seeds in a small bowl and combine with olives, juice, zest and 1 tablespoons of the olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper and set aside to marinate at least 15 minute.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Rub chicken with remaining 1 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken to the pan and cook until golden brown, about 3 minute
- Flip chicken over with tongs and put chicken in baking dish in the oven to finish cooking.
- Roast chicken for about 15 minute.
- Take the chicken out and let it rest for 5 minute so that the juices settle.
- Transfer to a serving plate and top with reserved olive mixture. Serve.