Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This simple dish goes together quickly and can create a truly elegant meal.
Make and share this Chicken Breasts W/Mushrooms & Caramelized Onions recipe from Food.com.
- Season chicken breasts with seasoned salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a skillet then add the breasts.
- Brown the breasts on medium heat on both sides, transfer to a baking dish and put into a 350°F oven to finish cooking.
- In the same skillet add another tbsp of oil and add the onions; sauté until translucent.
- Add a couple teaspoons of sugar and the red wine (optional) and sauté until the onions become caramelized.
- Set onions aside.
- Sauté the mushrooms in the skillet.
- Remove the breasts from the oven and spoon some of the caramelized onions atop each one, then spoon some sautéed mushrooms on each. Finally, sprinkle some blue cheese over the mushrooms and place under the broiler for a couple minutes until the cheese becomes slightly browned.
- Serve the breasts on a nest of angel hair pasta or bed of wild rice or couscous.