Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
this sauce is very tasty and i serve this with baked rice
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- parsley (to garnish)
- salt and pepper chicken, brown in lge pan, in butter until fully cooked, about 10 mins/side.
- remove from pan and keep warm.
- add onion and thyme, cook until softened.
- add vinegar and wine, bring to a boil.
- add stock and tomato paste, reeduce by half.
- add cream, add mustard.
- spoon sauce over chicken, garnish w/parsley.
This was very tasty. The chicken came out very moist and tender. The sauce was very flavorful and was very quick & easy to prepare with very accurate, detailed instructions. I found the sauce to be more tomato flavored than the expected dijon, and the tomato paste made the color of the sauce a slightly unattractive dark orangey/red. I think I would reduce the amount of tomato paste next time, or even omit it, and add just a bit more dijon and cream. Still, this recipe as is was very tasty and we enjoyed it.
Very very good for being so quick! The tomato paste adds a nice texture to the sauce, but the color isn't very pretty, I may have to see if that can be substituted without ruining the velvety sauce. Delicious!
This is now a favorite in our house. We omit the tomato paste, and add extra mustard and cream because we like more sauce. But an excellent dish, and I do make it with the baked rice, a good combination. Thanks!