Recipe by Suze K
Every time I serve this very rich, delicious chicken dish my guests request the recipe, often saying it's "to die for". The sauce is so creamy and rich, it can handle creativity and still come out delicious. Some variations I’ve tried include adding mushrooms and frozen baby peas. I’ve also tried it with broccoli pieces to create a one-dish casserole.
Top Review by Kate57
Rich and delicious certainly describes this simple recipe. Cutting the ingredients for 4 chicekn breasts was easy and it turned out wonderful. Served with potato gnocchi, the gravy was very tasty. Thank-you for sharing this recipe.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ground black pepper
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 (12 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup butter (not margarine)
- 1 (12 ounce) packagemedium wide egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Clean chicken breasts and add pepper to taste (no salt needed!); place in baking dish.
- Cut one stick of butter into 8 pieces and place in saucepan on low heat. Once butter is nearly melted, pour in chicken broth and raise the heat to medium.
- Add both cans cream of chicken soup and stir till thoroughly combined.
- Pour the heated mixture over the chicken breasts.
- Cut remaining stick of butter into 8 pieces and place on chicken pieces.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake in 350 degree oven for 45-50 minutes, depending on size of breasts.
- During the last 15 minutes of baking, cook the noodles according to directions.
- Place noodles on large platter.
- Place chicken breasts on top.
- Stir sauce to incorporate the chicken juices and butter, and pour over platter -OR- Pour sauce into gravy boat and serve on the side.