Suze K's Note:
Every time I serve this very rich, delicious chicken dish my guests request the recipe, often saying it's "to die for". The sauce is so creamy and rich, it can handle creativity and still come out delicious. Some variations I’ve tried include adding mushrooms and frozen baby peas. I’ve also tried it with broccoli pieces to create a one-dish casserole.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Clean chicken breasts and add pepper to taste (no salt needed!); place in baking dish.
- 3Cut one stick of butter into 8 pieces and place in saucepan on low heat. Once butter is nearly melted, pour in chicken broth and raise the heat to medium.
- 4Add both cans cream of chicken soup and stir till thoroughly combined.
- 5Pour the heated mixture over the chicken breasts.
- 6Cut remaining stick of butter into 8 pieces and place on chicken pieces.
- 7Cover tightly with foil and bake in 350 degree oven for 45-50 minutes, depending on size of breasts.
- 8During the last 15 minutes of baking, cook the noodles according to directions.
- 9Place noodles on large platter.
- 10Place chicken breasts on top.
- 11Stir sauce to incorporate the chicken juices and butter, and pour over platter -OR- Pour sauce into gravy boat and serve on the side.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Breasts "to Die For"
Serving Size: 1 (309 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 576.4
- Calories from Fat 292
- Total Fat 32.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 178.3 mg
- Sodium 1010.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 34.0 g