Recipe by Pansori
This is a quick and easy chicken recipe. My family really enjoyed this.
Top Review by bernrome
My family and I decided this was a definite keeper the first time we had this. I love it served over plain white rice. I double the bacon, mushrooms, and soup--for extra creaminess. I use chicken tenders (only because I prefer that to whole breasts) and sherry cooking wine.
- 2 slices bacon
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) cansliced mushrooms
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine, if ddesired
- 3 ounces sliced swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat until crisp.
- Remove bacon from skillet, drain on paper towels.
- Reserve bacon drippings in skillet.
- Add chicken to bacon drippings in skillet; cook over medium high heat for 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once.
- Transfer chicken to 4-6 quart slow cooker.
- Top with mushrooms.
- Turn off heat.
- In same skillet, stir together soup and sherry.
- Spoon over mushrooms.
- Cover; cook on low setting for 3-4 hours.
- Top mixture in slow cooker with cheese slices.
- Sprinkle with chives.
- Crumble bacon over cheese.
- Cover; cook on high setting for an additional 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with broccoli, baked potato, or wild rice.