Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I was searching through my cupboards trying to think of a different way of cooking chicken when I came upon this recipe on a Carnation evaporated milk label. My family raved over it.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3⁄4 cup undiluted carnation 2% evaporated milk
- hot cooked rice or noodles
- Melt butter in medium non-stick fry pan.
- Saute chicken breasts until golden on both sides; remove from pan.
- Add onion to pan and saute until lightly browned.
- Return chicken to pan.
- Add bouillon mix and poultry seasoning; pour water over all.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Remove chicken to heated platter; keep hot.
- Combine flour and evaporated milk until smooth; stir into pan juices.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
- Serve with rice or noodles.
This is delicious!! Served it over rice. The entire family was pleased! Thanks for a keeper!!
I made this as directed and my husband loved it. He asked me to make it again (rare as my husband really couldn't care less about food). I thought it had a bit of a stroganoff taste to it, which I'm not crazy about, but it was pretty good.
Didn't change a thing. Turned out perfect. Husband loved it (that's what makes all the difference for me) Easy to put together (no, THIS is what makes all the difference!!) :-) Thanks so much for posting it in here. It will, no doubt, become a standard for this RV traveler.