Recipe by Bev
A grill recipe to use your summer vegetables! This recipe works well with chicken, but another option is to substitute pork loin.
Top Review by Bergy
Bev you have done it again, another 5 star recipe! Perhaps in the instructions the marinade ingredients could be placed at the bottom of the ingredient list so there is no confusion where tthe marinade cuts off. I loved the tomato & zuke in the chicken it adds a subtle flavor. I took the liberty of increasing the garlic to 2 cloves and added 2 chopped jalapeno to the tomato & zuke stuffing. Great recipe. I'm now going to look through your others MMMmmmm good Thanks Bev
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6-8 oz each)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 large zucchini, thickly sliced
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- olive oil, for basting
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare a fire in a charcoal grill.
- Butterfly each chicken breast half by slicing it horizontally from one side to within 1/2 inch of other.
- Open like a book and sprinkle to taste with salt and pepper.
- For Marinade: In a shallow baking dish, combine ingredients.
- Add chicken and turn to coat all sides.
- Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Layer tomato and zucchini slices and basil leaves inside each chicken breast.
- Close and secure with toothpicks.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook chicken breasts over a medium fire, turning often and brushing occasionally with olive oil, until juices run clear when pierced by a skewer, 20-30 minutes.