Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
I found this in a diabetic cookbook I was given. I had to cook a little longer then started in the recipe, but it was a wonderful meal. I served it with white rice. Points 5.
- 946.36 ml moderately packed fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 29.58-44.37 ml sun-dried tomatoes with Italian herbs, in olive oil, drained and julienned
- 78.07 ml shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 29.58 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 566.99 g boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4.92 ml dried Italian seasoning
- 3.69 ml garlic powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground black pepper
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add the spinach, and cook over medium-high heat, 2 minutes, or until the spinach is wilted.
- Remove from heat, and toss in the sun-dried tomatoes, mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Set aside.
- Cut a deep pocket into the thickest side of each piece of chicken, and stuff a quarter of the spinach mixture into each pocket.
- Close by pressing flesh together and securing with a wooden toothpick, if necessary.
- Combine the Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper, and sprinkles both sides of the chicken pieces with some of the mixture.
- Wipe out the skillet, add the olive oil, and preheat over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken, and cook for 2 minutes on each side, or until nicely browned.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook for about 8 minutes, turning occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve hot.
Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe. Simply awesome. I followed the instructions as it is. I had cooked it in a small skillet one at a time. I cooked 4. Only change I made, at the end I put one tea spoon pesto & whipped cream, sprinkled chilly flakes. It was so juicy & succulent and super delicious. My children loved it. I shall make it again and again.
So good! It's messy to make, but it's worth it. This chicken is filled with flavor, super-juicy, and looks great on the plate. It's probably a good idea to cook the breast for longer though, because cooking chicken for that short amount of time can be a health hazard. I doubled the cooking time, and the chicken was still moist and delicious.
This was good! We made as written and also had to cook an extra 10-15 minutes. Thanks for sharing.