1/6 Photos of Chicken Breasts Stuffed With Spinach & Sun-Dried Tomatoes
I found this in a diabetic cookbook I was given. I had to cook a little longer then started in the recipe, but it was a wonderful meal. I served it with white rice. Points 5.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups moderately packed fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes with Italian herbs, in olive oil, drained and julienned
- 1/3 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 20 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1Coat a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2Add the spinach, and cook over medium-high heat, 2 minutes, or until the spinach is wilted.
- 3Remove from heat, and toss in the sun-dried tomatoes, mozzarella and Parmesan.
- 4Set aside.
- 5Cut a deep pocket into the thickest side of each piece of chicken, and stuff a quarter of the spinach mixture into each pocket.
- 6Close by pressing flesh together and securing with a wooden toothpick, if necessary.
- 7Combine the Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper, and sprinkles both sides of the chicken pieces with some of the mixture.
- 8Wipe out the skillet, add the olive oil, and preheat over medium-high heat.
- 9Add the chicken, and cook for 2 minutes on each side, or until nicely browned.
- 10Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook for about 8 minutes, turning occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through.
- 11Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Breasts Stuffed With Spinach & Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.7
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 92.9 mg
- Sodium 372.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 32.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sun-dried tomatoes with Italian herbs
reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
dried Italian seasoning