Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
An all time favourite. Can be a bit fiddely but well worth the effort! Recipe from 'Our House' mag many years ago.
- Place chopped onion, crushed garlic, butter and 1 tablespoon water into microwave safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes, stirring at half time. Set aside.
- Remove frozen spinach from pack and place in a flat dish with 2 tablespoons water and cover. Microwave on high for 4 minutes.
- Drain spinach, adding to onion mix. Add salt and pepper and microwave for a further 4 minutes. Allow to cool.
- When cool, add the parmesan and ricotta.
- Cut a pocket into each chicken breast and stuff with spinach mixture.
- In three seperate bowls, line up flour, eggs - beaten, and bread crumbs.
- Flour, egg and breadcrumb the chicken breasts and set aside.
- Heat oil in a frypan medium heat. Oil should be up to the middle of the chicken breast.
- Place chicken breast in oil and cook until golden brown - approx 5 minutes per side.