1/2 Photos of Chicken Breasts Stuffed With Mushrooms & Spinach With Cognac Sauce
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces portabella mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces shallots, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons cognac
- 2 quarts well-washed spinach
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons clarified butter
- 1For the chicken, mince the mushrooms in a food processor and wring out in a kitchen towel to remove as much moisture as possible.
- 2Sauté in a pan with butter.
- 3Put shallots and garlic in food processor and pulse to mince, then add to mushrooms.
- 4Cook mixture slowly over medium heat until moisture has evaporated.
- 5Deglaze the pan with the cognac, add salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Cook a few minutes to evaporate the cognac.
- 7Put spinach in a pan with only as much water as clings to the leaves.
- 8Cover and cook only until leaves start to wilt.
- 9Cool until you can handle the spinach, then wring out in a towel to remove moisture.
- 10Chop finely by hand and add to the mushroom mixture with the nutmeg.
- 11Pre-heat oven to 400º F degrees.
- 12Pound chicken breasts flat and season with salt and pepper.
- 13Spread some of the mushroom/spinach mixture on the breasts, leaving a margin.
- 14Roll up tightly.
- 15Place some clarified butter in the bottom of an oven-proof pan.
- 16Add chicken and top with wine and remaining butter.
- 17Cook for 20 minutes.
- 18Let rest before carving.
- 19For the sauce, reduce the chicken stock until it is syrupy.
- 20Add remaining ingredients.
- 21Spoon over sliced chicken rolls.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Breasts Stuffed With Mushrooms & Spinach With Cognac Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (661 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 513.0
- Calories from Fat 316
- Total Fat 35.1 g
- Saturated Fat 20.1 g
- Cholesterol 159.6 mg
- Sodium 1075.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 34.8 g