Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Recipe by Chef Caroline Morris for Pilgrim's chicken.
Make and share this Chicken Breasts Stuffed With Mushroom Bread Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded evenly to 1/2-inch
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 118.29 ml onion, chopped
- 59.14 ml red bell pepper, chopped
- 56.69 g fresh mushrooms, any variety, steamed and sliced
- 4.92 ml garlic, minced
- 473.18 ml bread, cubed
- 59.14 ml white wine (optional)
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- 56.69 g cheese, grated (Gruyere, Parmesan, or other)
- 0 egg, beaten
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh herb (parsley, thyme, rosemary)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Sauté onions & peppers in olive oil over medium high heat until translucent.
- Add mushrooms & garlic and cook until mushrooms become soft.
- Combine all ingredients except chicken in a large bowl.
- Place each flattened chicken breast membrane side (skin) down and season with salt and pepper.
- Place 1/6 of the bread pudding mixture in the center of each breast.
- Fold the tail end toward the center over the bread pudding.
- Season the outside with salt and pepper and secure with a toothpick or butcher’s twine.
- Place on a lined pan and cook for 45 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches at least 165°F.
Loved the flavor of the mushroom bread pudding! I only had 4 chicken breasts, but they were fairly large so I didn't have a lot of extra filling. The recipe didn't specify how many eggs to use, so I used two. I think one would have been sufficient as I ended up having to add a little more bread to thicken it. I also added a pinch of thyme into the filling. Thanks for sharing this recipe. I will be making it again!!!
I made this about a month ago. It was relatively easy and absolutely awesome! A repeat over and over and over again! Loved the flavors!