1 hr 5 mins
Recipe by Chef Caroline Morris for Pilgrim's chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded evenly to 1/2-inch
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 118.29 ml onion, chopped
- 59.14 ml red bell pepper, chopped
- 56.69 g fresh mushrooms, any variety, steamed and sliced
- 4.92 ml garlic, minced
- 473.18 ml bread, cubed
- 59.14 ml white wine (optional)
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- 56.69 g cheese, grated (Gruyere, Parmesan, or other)
- 0 egg, beaten
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh herb (parsley, thyme, rosemary)
- salt and pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Sauté onions & peppers in olive oil over medium high heat until translucent.
- 3Add mushrooms & garlic and cook until mushrooms become soft.
- 4Combine all ingredients except chicken in a large bowl.
- 5Place each flattened chicken breast membrane side (skin) down and season with salt and pepper.
- 6Place 1/6 of the bread pudding mixture in the center of each breast.
- 7Fold the tail end toward the center over the bread pudding.
- 8Season the outside with salt and pepper and secure with a toothpick or butcher’s twine.
- 9Place on a lined pan and cook for 45 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches at least 165°F.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Breasts Stuffed With Mushroom Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 372.6
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 135.9 mg
- Sodium 321.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 29.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: