Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Recipe by Chef Caroline Morris for Pilgrim's chicken.
Make and share this Chicken Breasts Stuffed With Mushroom Bread Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded evenly to 1/2-inch
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 ounces fresh mushrooms, any variety, steamed and sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 cups bread, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup white wine (optional)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 ounces cheese, grated (Gruyere, Parmesan, or other)
- egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herb (parsley, thyme, rosemary)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Sauté onions & peppers in olive oil over medium high heat until translucent.
- Add mushrooms & garlic and cook until mushrooms become soft.
- Combine all ingredients except chicken in a large bowl.
- Place each flattened chicken breast membrane side (skin) down and season with salt and pepper.
- Place 1/6 of the bread pudding mixture in the center of each breast.
- Fold the tail end toward the center over the bread pudding.
- Season the outside with salt and pepper and secure with a toothpick or butcher’s twine.
- Place on a lined pan and cook for 45 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches at least 165°F.
Loved the flavor of the mushroom bread pudding! I only had 4 chicken breasts, but they were fairly large so I didn't have a lot of extra filling. The recipe didn't specify how many eggs to use, so I used two. I think one would have been sufficient as I ended up having to add a little more bread to thicken it. I also added a pinch of thyme into the filling. Thanks for sharing this recipe. I will be making it again!!!
I made this about a month ago. It was relatively easy and absolutely awesome! A repeat over and over and over again! Loved the flavors!