"Serve with sauteed zucchini and tomatoes for a complete meal ready in just 35 minutes" I haven't tried this yet but it looks great! I think it would need a pan gravy or tomato sauce though to cut some of the dryness...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 link sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 slice sourdough bread, toasted and crusts removed
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 (6 ounce) skinless chicken breasts
- cooking spray
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1Remove casing from sausage; crumble sausage. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage, onion, and celery; sauté 5 minutes or until sausage is browned and onion is golden. Add wine to pan; cook 1 minute or until most of liquid is absorbed.
- 2Rub each side of bread with cut sides of garlic; discard garlic. Coarsely crumble bread; add to sausage mixture.
- 3Stir in parsley, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Let stand 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed; toss to combine.
- 4Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of plastic wrap; pound to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Place half of stuffing on one side of each chicken breast half, leaving a 1-inch border around sides. Fold remaining half of each chicken breast over stuffing, and secure with wooden picks. Sprinkle chicken with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 5Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat the pan with cooking spray. Add stuffed chicken breast halves to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side. Add chicken broth, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove the wooden picks; slice breasts in half. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Breasts Stuffed With Italian Sausage and Breadcrumbs- Co
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.3
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 61.7 mg
- Sodium 605.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 24.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth