An impressive-looking dish that tastes great too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup fresh goat cheese, such as montrachet
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into tiny cubes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Mushroom Wine Sauce
- 1For chicken: Preheat oven to 350F.
- 2Pound chicken between 2 sheets of wax paper to thickness of ¼ inch.
- 3Pat chicken dry.
- 4Combine cheese, green onions, red pepper and basil in a small bowl.
- 5Season with salt and pepper.
- 6Spread cheese mixture lengthwise over half of each chicken piece.
- 7Tuck short ends in and roll chicken up, starting at one long side, into tight cylinders.
- 8Tie ends together with string to secure.
- 9Dip chicken in egg, allowing excess to drip back into bowl.
- 10Roll in breadcrumbs, shaking off excess (can be prepared up to 4 hours ahead; refrigerate).
- 11Place chicken in square baking dish to comfortably hold rolls.
- 12Pour 2 tblsps melted butter over.
- 13Bake until cooked through, about 20-25 minutes.
- 14For sauce: Melt ¼ cup butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- 15Add mushrooms and saute until tender, about 8 minutes.
- 16Add wine and boil for 3 minutes.
- 17Add stock and boil until liquid is reduced by half, about 6 minutes.
- 18Remove from heat and swirl in 4 tblsps of butter, one piece at a time.
- 20Remove string from chicken.
- 21Cut rolls crosswise into ½ inch thick rounds.
- 22Fan on plates.
- 23Serve immediately, passing sauce separately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Goat Cheese, Basil and Red Pepper
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 501.7
- Calories from Fat 296
- Total Fat 32.9 g
- Saturated Fat 19.3 g
- Cholesterol 198.8 mg
- Sodium 459.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 34.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh goat cheese