Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
An impressive-looking dish that tastes great too.
Make and share this Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Goat Cheese, Basil and Red Pepper recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup fresh goat cheese, such as montrachet
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, cut into tiny cubes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Mushroom Wine Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 lb button mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2⁄3 cup chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons butter, chilled,cut into 4 pieces
- For chicken: Preheat oven to 350F.
- Pound chicken between 2 sheets of wax paper to thickness of ¼ inch.
- Pat chicken dry.
- Combine cheese, green onions, red pepper and basil in a small bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread cheese mixture lengthwise over half of each chicken piece.
- Tuck short ends in and roll chicken up, starting at one long side, into tight cylinders.
- Tie ends together with string to secure.
- Dip chicken in egg, allowing excess to drip back into bowl.
- Roll in breadcrumbs, shaking off excess (can be prepared up to 4 hours ahead; refrigerate).
- Place chicken in square baking dish to comfortably hold rolls.
- Pour 2 tblsps melted butter over.
- Bake until cooked through, about 20-25 minutes.
- For sauce: Melt ¼ cup butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and saute until tender, about 8 minutes.
- Add wine and boil for 3 minutes.
- Add stock and boil until liquid is reduced by half, about 6 minutes.
- Remove from heat and swirl in 4 tblsps of butter, one piece at a time.
- Remove string from chicken.
- Cut rolls crosswise into ½ inch thick rounds.
- Fan on plates.
- Serve immediately, passing sauce separately.