Recipe by 5thCourse
Makes a lovely presentation without too much effort. Taken from February 2008's Bon Appetit. Recipe makes extra stuffing which can be used in a couple extra breasts or sprinkle over eggs in a frittata.
Top Review by Chef Petunia
This was absolutely delicious. I used Gruyere in place of the fontina because that is what I had on hand. Instead of seasoning the chicken with S & P, I used Penzey's Tuscan Sunset. I highly recommend this recipe. Thank you for sharing!
- 1 (12 ounce) jar marinated artichokes, drained, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup grated Fontina cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, drained, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon basil, dried
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix artichokes, cheese, tomatoes and basil together.
- Using a small sharp knife, cut a 2-inch slit in each chicken breast horizontally along one side. Move knife back and forth inside the slit to create a pocket.
- Divide one cup of stuffing among the four breasts.
- Press edges to seal and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat about two tablespoons oil over high heat in ovenproof skillet. Cook chicken two minutes.
- Turn chicken over and transfer skillet to oven. Bake until cooked through, about 10 minutes.