Recipe by Dancer^
The soaking water from the sun-dried tomatoes can be refrigerated for several days. The liquid adds a layer of flavor to salad dressings, or can be used in place of part of the chicken or vegetable broth in recipes.
Top Review by sugarpea
I had sun-dried tomato pesto on hand so I used that to replace the tomatoes and olive oil. I flattened each breast. made a two breast "sandwich" with the cheese, etc, dipped them in panko and sauteed them on medium-low heat. Then I served each of us 1/2 a "sandwich." Delicious, Dancer.
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato (not packed in oil)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled feta
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless chicken breasts
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak sun-dried tomatoes in enough boiling water to just cover them.
- Set aside.
- Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium high.
- Add onion and cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until softened.
- Remove skillet from heat and transfer onions to small bowl.
- Drain tomatoes, discarding the soaking liquid or reserving it for another use.
- Add chopped tomatoes to onions and stir in basil and feta.
- Cut a horizontal slit in each chicken breast to form a pocket.
- Stuff each with 1/4 of cheese mixture.
- Return skillet to medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken breasts and saute for 6 minutes.
- Carefully turn them and cook another 6 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.