Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 4 chicken breast halves, skinned and boned
- 2 ounces feta cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, wash and dry chicken.
- Cut a horizontal pocket in each breast taking care not to pierce the top, bottom or sides.
- In a small bowl combine spinach an d Feta and mix well.
- Fill pockets in chicken breasts with Feta mixture and secure with toothpicks.
- Place in a glass or ceramic baking dish.
- Mix together lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper and pour over chicken.
- Marinate 30 minutes, turning once.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and broil until golden, about 15 minutes.
this was really good. i added garlic as i do with every recipe and soaked the chicken in buttermilk over nite as it tenderizes the chicken(just rinse it off before cooking). very tasty and quite easy!! try this you'll like it!!! polly
We thought this was a very tasty dish. I took Polly's hint and soaked them in buttermilk, but didn't rinse them. The chicken was moist, and the feta and spinach flavors were wonderful. Thanks for posting a good tasting, easy recipe.
This recipe needs a little clarification as others have noted. I took the suggestion to bake at 375, it only took about 25 minutes in my oven and was done. I then broiled for about five minutes, but don't feel that was truly necessary. The flavors are great together, we just have to get the baking/broiling time tweaked! I cut mine into medallions and served with stir fry garlic sliced baby portabello mushrooms, a side salad with vinagrette, and a nice red wine! I used fresh baby spinach leaves and also the crumbled feta cheese which had roasted red peppers in it, which comes in a package in the deli section. Was excellent for an early Valentines Day meal. For presentation, I think would be nicely served in medallion style over a spinach bed, maybe creamed spinach. Nonetheless, it tastes great! Thanks for the recipe, Tranch.