Prep 1 hr 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Haven't tried this yet. It was given to my by a Filipina I work with (she is an excellant cook!). Coconut milk and cream can be found in Asian markets. DO NOT USE sweetened coconut cream!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 59.14 ml dry white wine
- 14.79 ml garlic, minced
- 14.79 ml oil
- 236.59 ml onion, minced
- 473.18 ml crabmeat, flaked
- 354.88 ml mushrooms, sliced
- 4.92 ml ground sage
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 4.92 ml salt
- 14.79 ml green bell pepper, chopped
- 14.79 ml red bell pepper, chopped
- 29.58 ml butter, for frying
- 473.18 ml coconut milk
- 4.92 ml ground ginger
- 4.92 ml low-sodium instant chicken bouillon granules
- 236.59 ml coconut cream
- 59.14 ml half-and-half
- 9.85 ml cornstarch
- 29.58 ml water
- Flatten chicken breasts between 2 sheets of waxed paper. Marinate in wine for 1 hour.
- To prepare filling, saute garlic in oil. Add onion and cook until translucent, then add the crab meat, mushrooms, sage, pepper, salt and peppers. Saute until mushrooms are soft.
- Remove chicken from wine. Pat dry.
- Place filling on one side of chicken breast, then roll. Tie with string.
- Heat butter in Dutch oven and brown chicken breasts on both sides.
- Add coconut MILK and ginger. Simmer a few minutes.
- Dissolve bouillon cube in coconut CREAM and pour into pan with half and half. Simmer until chicken is tender, turning occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken. Set aside and keep warm.
- Stir cornstarch into water until dissolved.
- Let the sauce simmer and add cornstarch mixture to thicken.
- Slice chicken rolls and pour sauce over.