Recipe by Outta Here
Haven't tried this yet. It was given to my by a Filipina I work with (she is an excellant cook!). Coconut milk and cream can be found in Asian markets. DO NOT USE sweetened coconut cream!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 2 cups crabmeat, flaked
- 1 1⁄2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, for frying
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Flatten chicken breasts between 2 sheets of waxed paper. Marinate in wine for 1 hour.
- To prepare filling, saute garlic in oil. Add onion and cook until translucent, then add the crab meat, mushrooms, sage, pepper, salt and peppers. Saute until mushrooms are soft.
- Remove chicken from wine. Pat dry.
- Place filling on one side of chicken breast, then roll. Tie with string.
- Heat butter in Dutch oven and brown chicken breasts on both sides.
- Add coconut MILK and ginger. Simmer a few minutes.
- Dissolve bouillon cube in coconut CREAM and pour into pan with half and half. Simmer until chicken is tender, turning occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken. Set aside and keep warm.
- Stir cornstarch into water until dissolved.
- Let the sauce simmer and add cornstarch mixture to thicken.
- Slice chicken rolls and pour sauce over.