1 hr 20 mins
Haven't tried this yet. It was given to my by a Filipina I work with (she is an excellant cook!). Coconut milk and cream can be found in Asian markets. DO NOT USE sweetened coconut cream!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 2 cups crabmeat, flaked
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, for frying
- 1Flatten chicken breasts between 2 sheets of waxed paper. Marinate in wine for 1 hour.
- 2To prepare filling, saute garlic in oil. Add onion and cook until translucent, then add the crab meat, mushrooms, sage, pepper, salt and peppers. Saute until mushrooms are soft.
- 3Remove chicken from wine. Pat dry.
- 4Place filling on one side of chicken breast, then roll. Tie with string.
- 5Heat butter in Dutch oven and brown chicken breasts on both sides.
- 6Add coconut MILK and ginger. Simmer a few minutes.
- 7Dissolve bouillon cube in coconut CREAM and pour into pan with half and half. Simmer until chicken is tender, turning occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- 8Remove chicken. Set aside and keep warm.
- 9Stir cornstarch into water until dissolved.
- 10Let the sauce simmer and add cornstarch mixture to thicken.
- 11Slice chicken rolls and pour sauce over.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Breasts Stuffed With Crab (Pinag-Isang Manok)
Serving Size: 1 (429 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 703.1
- Calories from Fat 467
- Total Fat 51.9 g
- Saturated Fat 40.5 g
- Cholesterol 89.3 mg
- Sodium 820.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 16.1 g
- Protein 35.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-sodium instant chicken bouillon granules