Just Call Me Martha's Note:
This is absolutely awesome! When you cut into it - WOW - A wonderful suprise of chevre, mixed with herbs, red pepper and spinach. The chicken is coated and lightly browned before going in the oven, which helps to seal in the juices. There is quite a bit of stuffing, so if your breasts aren't large (did I say that?), you may want to consider 8 smaller ones. The recipe originally came from a local restaurant I believe. Remember, the amounts are based on fresh herbs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large chicken breasts, skinned and deboned
- 1 red pepper, roasted and chopped
- 1 cup spinach, steamed and chopped
- 1 cup goat cheese or 1 cup chevre cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 teaspoon mint, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 lemon
- 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1In medium mixing bowl, mix chopped red pepper, spinach, cheese, mint, egg and 1/2 tsp of the dill.
- 2Blend well.
- 3Make an incision about an inch or so wide in the top of each chicken breast.
- 4Using knife and fingers, stretch the cavity to make a pocket for the spinach mixture.
- 5Stuff each breast with spinach mixture and press the top closed with fingers.
- 6In small bowl, mix flour, bread crumbs, salt, pepper and 1/2 tsp of dill.
- 7Press this mixture onto all sides of each chicken breast.
- 8In skillet, heat olive oil.
- 9Add chicken breasts and quickly brown each side.
- 10Remove from heat as soon as chicken is lightly browned.
- 11Place parchment paper on a baking sheet and place chicken on the paper.
- 12Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until juice runs clear when chicken breast is pierced.
- 13In small sauce pan mix cream 1/2 tsp dill and the juice of 1/2 lemon and 1/2 orange.
- 14Simmer until sauce thickens slightly (5-7 minutes).
- 15To serve: Place chicken on platter.
- 16Arrange slices of orange and lemon with sprigs of dill around platter if desired.
- 17Ladle sauce over chicken and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Breasts Stuffed With Chevre & Roasted Red Pepper
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 673.5
- Calories from Fat 400
- Total Fat 44.5 g
- Saturated Fat 19.1 g
- Cholesterol 227.1 mg
- Sodium 310.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 37.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: