1/1 Photo of Chicken Breasts Stuffed With Basil Walnut Butter
The dish takes barely 20 minutes to make. The inclusion of the aromatic herb makes sure there's no sacrificing taste for speed. The spiciness of basil enhances the richness of the walnut butter to bring a whole new flavor dimension to the traditional chicken dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup toasted walnuts
- 2 cups basil leaves, gently packed
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 grated lemon, zest of
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened (3/4 stick)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, about 1 to 2 pounds
- additional salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1To make basil walnut butter: Finely chop walnuts and basil leaves.
- 2Place walnuts, basil, garlic, lemon zest, 5 T of butter and salt in bowl of an electric mixer.
- 3Using paddle attachment, mix on medium-high until butter is smooth.
- 4Using a sharp thin-bladed knife, cut a large pocket in each chicken breast by inserting it horizontally into thickest end and carefully slicing from side to side without piercing the edges of breast.
- 5Divide butter in 4 parts and use your fingers to stuff each pocket with a portion.
- 6Don't worry if it spills out slightly; they will seem quite full.
- 7Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper.
- 8Melt remaining 1 T of butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 9When it sizzles, lower chicken breast into pan, cover tightly, and reduce heat to low.
- 10Cook for 5 minutes or until nicely browned, then turn chicken over and continue to cook, covered, for 5 to 7 minutes longer or until there is no sign of translucency when you peek inside one of the pockets.
- 11Some of the basil butter will have spilled out of the chicken to create a sauce in the pan.
- 12Transfer the chicken to a warm platter or individual serving plates and spoon the sauce over the top.
- 13Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Breasts Stuffed With Basil Walnut Butter
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 438.7
- Calories from Fat 299
- Total Fat 33.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 114.2 mg
- Sodium 517.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 31.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of