Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
From "The Everything Cooking for Two Cookbook".
- 8 asparagus spears
- 2 (6 ounce) boneless chicken breasts, butterflied
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Trim the bottoms of the asparagus and steam the spears for 4 minutes. Shock in cold water and drain.
- Season the inside of each chicken breast with salt and pepper, basil and oregano. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the cheese evenly inside each breast. Top each with 4 asparagus spears and fold the chicken back together.
- Spray a baking sheet with the cooking spray. Place the chicken on the sheet and top with Parmesan cheese. Spray lightly with cooking spray. Bake for 12 minutes.
This turned out beautifully! Very flavorful and juicy the only thing I disagreed with is the cooking time it took 45 mins for mine to come to a safe temp.