It’s hard to believe that this delicious chicken with it’s rich filling is indeed low in fat and calories! Only 234 calories!
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 (3 ounce) package herbed goat cheese, softened
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 190*C/375*F .
- Combine the first six ingredients, mixing well. Set aside.
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy duty plastic wrap and pound to ¼ inch thickness using the side of a rolling pin, being careful not to tear the meat.
- Top each breast half with 2 TBS of the cheese mixture; roll up jelly roll fashion.
- Tuck in the sides and secure each with a wooden pick.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium high heat.
- Add the chicken to the pan, and cook for 3 minutes one each side or until browned.
- Wrap handle of the pan with foil and bake for 15 minutes, or until chicken is done.